corner repair

May 14, 2018
Andover, MA
Hello,
I have a tear in a corner (see picture). Liner is 15 years old and actually in good shape except for this issue. I know I should get a new liner and I will but in the meantime I have a big piece of liner with the top bead that I can try to use as a patch with some boxer 100. Pool company suggested I cut away the original liner above the tear including the bead and insert the new beaded section I have. I'm wondering if that's the best idea? If so, should I just slightly overlap the beaded sections and come out wide underneath? Sort of like a vase shape? Will two beaded sections fit in the track? Maybe I could do more of an overlap that way.
Appreciate any advice!
J
pool.jpg

repairable hole?

I tried to patch this but boxer 100 didn't adhere underwater for me. I felt that perhaps I waited too long between applying the glue and putting the patch in place. Took me a while as there was a lot to glue. It seemed to work fine above the water line. Thinking of lowering the water level some more and having another go at it. Am I crazy to even try? I guess I would need new patch material as the first one is covered in glue now.
IMG_20180514_202553120.jpg

Re: repairable hole?

Thanks, looks like new liner time. Bummer because that's the first bit of damage I've ever had. Not a single patch in 15 years and it's otherwise in great shape. The ice this year killed that corner though. Did not expect that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.