CORE35 low water flow light

Jun 13, 2007
Houston, TX
I installed a CORE35 SWG last weekend, and after making sure salt, etc were at the correct levels, I turned it on a few days ago. Green light comes on, everything looks good, and remains good when I check in periodically. But when come back the next morning, the low-flow light is on. This has now happened twice. Each time, I have turned the pump to high for 30 seconds or so, and the light resets. I turn the pump back down to low, and it is fine. The SWG is installed in a horizontal run, and there is 24" or so of 2" pipe before it. Lines are clean, and I don't see any air, etc.

Anybody have any idea what I should be looking at that might be the problem?

Unfortunately it may be that low speed on your pump is just barely on the edge of the amount of flow that the SWG is looking for. Short of running your pump on high when you want to run the SWG there may not be a lot of options.

If you haven’t cleaned your filter recently you could try cleaning your filter as that may help to increase the flow rate, but that will likely only be a temporary solution because as soon as your filter gets dirty again you’ll have the same problem. Depending on how complicated your plumbing is you could try to simplify things as the more elbows and bends that the water needs to go through the slower the flow will be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.