Copper and iron testing

Kjp300

Gold Supporter
Jul 18, 2018
Canfield ohio
Does anyone recommend the Taylor K 1264 for copper and iron testing? It is expensive. I have no reason to believe I have a problem. The water is Chrystal clear. (Posted a few pics. The picture of the dolphin was taken at night with the pool light on)But I do like testing my own water and have never tested for metals. I have not been back to the pool store since I found this site and hate to go back there for any reason. Just curious.

Attachments

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
It’s your money to burn. If you have no problems then I see no reason to get such an expensive test kit. You’ll use it once and then not again for a long time at which point the reagents will expire.

If you really wanted to burn up money, then call a water testing company and have a full set of tests run on your fill water. That will cost about the same but you’ll get much more comprehensive results.

Kjp300

Gold Supporter
Jul 18, 2018
Canfield ohio
Thanks I may do that. You are right, of course. Didn't think about the regents expiring. Too much time at work today to play around. I better get busy with something more productive!

Reactions: IceShadow