Coping replacement options

I would use a bullnose brick coping.

brick coping for swimming pools - Google Search

Although, you will probably need an experienced mason to install and cut the concrete properly after installing the coping. I see you had new concrete poured but left the old aluminum coping.

You also can see if the mason can do a cantilever coping, but that still would require a very skilled professional for a new pour and cutting of existing concrete.

In hindsight, I should have used bullnose brick coping with stamped concrete. I have cantilever coping stamped, which is very nice, but at least the bricks can be removed if I had to dig down below for some strange reason.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Is all coping installation custom like that, requiring experienced masons? I know nothing about coping and coping choices..

IMO, yes. You want an experience mason that works on pools. The bricks have to be level, the cement has to be mixed properly as well or they will eventually come apart with the chlorine, salt, etc. Also, the mason will have to install and cut the existing concrete. Depending on how the concrete was poured, the bricks may not even fit properly. IDK, and it is best to contact a pool mason. You can call a local PB and ask them for referrals on who they use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.