Coping and stonework

tone100

Jul 12, 2008
I'm in the process of having a pool built. I'm doing noche travertine coping and decking. This will a freeform pool with a 18" raised spa and 12" raised wall along the back. I'm having a hard time deciding what type of stone to use on the sides and spillway of the spa and the raised wall. I was considering doing chopped lueders in a random pattern. I want to go with stone and not tile. Any suggestions?

I'm in the process of having a pool built. I'm doing noche travertine coping and decking. This will a freeform pool with a 18" raised spa and 12" raised wall along the back. I'm having a hard time deciding what type of stone to use on the sides and spillway of the spa and the raised wall. I was considering doing chopped lueders in a random pattern. I want to go with stone and not tile. Any suggestions?

Hi tone,
I struggled with that choice too. I have roman blend which I believe is similar to noche.
I went with a mixed travertine splitface blend I found at lowes of all places and it blended fantastic!
I was leaning towards glass tile but my builder told me to many issues and scaling down the road.
Here is a close up look, hope it helps....also matched my waterline tile great!

We used leuders limestone for the coping and raised spa/spillway.

Here is a picture of the spa/spillway.

15733334641_4543406f23_c.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.