Cool Deck Paint

snipes00

Feb 10, 2020
Houston, TX
I noticed rust looking stain in the paint on the cool deck around my pool about year ago. Gotten worse in last year. I originally thought it was from my grill that was kinda close to it. Ruled that out when i noticed few other spots coming up. Any body know what this is? Can i just paint over it or do i need to scrape it all off and redo?20210113_094530.jpg

Rebar or some other metal item in the deck is near the surface and bleeding through. To eliminate it you would need to chip out the deck, cut the metal out, replace the concrete, and redo the deck material.

Reactions: rcerf
I have confirmed that it is the rebar.

I got an astronomical quote to repair it from spray deck company so going to attempt to spot repair it myself and see how terrible it looks.

Since it is rebar i don't think i can cut it out.

I plan on chipping around it and applying something like OSPHO to the rebar.

Should i just fill in the around the rebar with concrete or should I fill in the void with some other product to avoid rusting again?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.