Rochester/NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I am changing from liquid chlorine to CircuPool RJ-60 PLUS Salt Chlorine Generator. Needed to raise salt from about 750 to ~ 3500 in my 24000 gal in ground pool. Normal clean filter pressure = 17psi. After adding two 40lb bags of pool salt, pressure rose to ~ 24psi. I did backwash before adding salt. After ryunning pump for 24 hours straight, pressure dropped to ~ 21psi. I still have ~ 10 - bags to add. Is this pressure too hi? How can I get this salt added without such a huge increase in pressure? Should I backwash again?

How did you add the salt? What brand was the salt? How are you testing the salinity of the water?

I poured 2 bags into the pool as I walked the permiter, then brushed. Morton's pool salt. Right now I am relying on pool stores for salinity, my Taylor kit is due to arrive tomorrow. 1 store read 750, another 1000.

OK -- none of that should have effected your filter pressure. Salt has no effect.

I would not add all of that salt until you get your kit. Better to have to add more than drain water.

Are you chlorinating your water per the FC/CYA Levels for non-SWCG pools? Might you have the start of an algae bloom?

Oh, I thought for sure the increased pressure was due to adding the salt & that running the pump longer would help dissolve it. Pool is super clean & clear. I am chlorinating the pool per the cart for non-SWCG pools. FC ~ 3, PH - 7.3, TA - 80, CYA is ~ 30. I am trying to raise CYA but the granuals placed into a sock in the skimmer basket, also causes a rise in filter pressure. So I bought some liquid CYA to add.

The CYA will not increase your sand filter pressure unless you are dumping in pounds of it all at once. Something else is going on. I would suggest you run an OCLT before increasing your CYA any more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.