Jun 11, 2017
Cedar creek tx
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I converted my single speed whisperflo to Variable speed and love how quiet the new pump is. The pump now controls the timing of operation so I set Intermatic time to operate 24/7. This inadvertently left the salt cell (aqua rite) controller on 24/7. Researched here how to add a relay to measure pump voltage and got lost. I decided my easiest route is to keep the aqua rite on the intermatic timer and move the power for the pump inside the timer to the main. Now I coordinate the intermatic timer with the pump timer but once set will only require coordination after power outages. Hoping this helps some other DIY find an easy solution to pump upgrades and old fashioned controls.

Move the pump wiring to the LINE side of the timer and leave the SWG wiring on the LOAD side of the timer.
This will provide constant power to the pump and allow you to set the timer to control the SWG.

Last edited:
Just set the time to run within the time frame of 30 minutes after pump ON to 30 minutes before pump OFF.
Check the timer weekly and after any power outage to be sure the time coinsides with the pump time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.