Converting from baquacil and confused about the chlorine test... Please help!

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
A few randoM thoughts here.....
1. At 10,000 gallons a drain/refill maybe very beneficial if possible. Not sure your water source but if cheap enough it’s a very good option. Comment number 2 further speaks about why I wonder about this as an option.
2. It appears you’ve got a good amount of Baqua in the water. The process will work, you’re just in for a fight.
3. It maybe best to have another cartridge on hand. Just keep switching them back and forth.
4. It’s totally possible to go through that much chlorine in the early stages. In fact, at first it’s likely the chlorine is gone in minutes. The conversion works quick and whatever Chlorine the Baqua-goo does consume......the sun will.

Martini1981

May 22, 2020
Connecticut
@Leebo where do people drain the baqua goo off too in the event they need to drain? We don't think our filter will make it and we cannot drain into our storm water drains. We feel so defeated and now have 9000 gallons of goo and no clue where to put it.

Martini1981

May 22, 2020
Connecticut
We started Friday night, we really weren't adding enough on Friday so Saturday was more like day 1. Since our pump could not keep up yesterday we feel really defeated and are trying to figure out the draining situation.

pitguy3

Jul 9, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I did the conversion years ago.. There are pics in my sig. You're doing great.. it's hard work and somewhat taxing, but the reward will be AMAZING!!! Remember to change out the sand in your filter once the conversion is complete!