Controlling iAqualink

Sep 26, 2018
Tampa, FL
Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread:

Sorry to post in an old thread, but wanted to clarify the install...

Physical Install
Using a Jandy 2711 3-pin connector (outside pins used), connect to the open 'SOLAR' port.
Wire the leads from the 'SOLAR' port to a 24V DC Relay (may need to purchases). Incoming power from breaker goes to the LINE on the relay and LOAD is wired to your light transformer, along with common and ground off their respective blocks.

Programming
This is where I am a bit iffy. I think you are supposed to go to Menu > System Setup > Assign JVAs. Click the 'Solar' button and click 'Extra Aux' from the list and click 'Select'. This is what my screen looks like below.
Capture.PNG

Couple questions at this point... I assume Extra Aux is like a virtual auxiliary?
Also, why would it let me choose Aux1, Aux2 or Aux3 if they are already in use for things like spa blowers and pool lights?

After that I would want to go back to System Setup > Label Aux. Rename 'Extra Aux' to read something like "Low Volt".

From there you could setup "Low Volt" in Dusk Setup and be on your way?

Assuming you could also do the same with the Cleaner button?

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful re-assigning Aux's. You could disable some things or make them work on the wrong circuit.

Relay - Amazon.com: Zodiac R0658100 3-HP Relay with Harness Replacement Kit for Select Zodiac Jandy Pool and Spa Power Control System: Garden & Outdoor

These should help:

Thanks!

I see that link looks like it has a 2-pin connector. Don't I need a 3-pin to connect to the SOLAR port?

Also, glad to see I was headed in the right direction as far as programming... I do like the plethora of [advanced] options, but I will say it doesn't feel very intuitive. I think Jandy could do some work to clean up the interface.

Last edited:
Nope, you just need what the relay comes with. You will connect to the LEFT side.

Sorry if I am being dense here, but I don't see the SOLAR port in that picture (just a lose 2-pin connector). So to be sure I understand correctly, I should plug that 2-pin connector so that it is attached to the 2 leftmost pins on the 3-pin SOLAR port (as pointed out below)? Really appreciate the help!

IMG_0887.JPEG

No - The right side is only for JVA connections. Each JVA is assigned to an AUX port. You don't need the JVA just the assigned AUX port to activate the relay which will energize the outlet. I will go open up my system later and take a look but I think I plugged it into AUX4. I think that picture was before I actually plugged it in.

OK just checked. I have the relay plugged into "SLR-PMP". Not sure how I figured that out originally probably trial and error.

1571235850498.png
1571235873736.png

Also if you look at your panel, you will see your bottom right relay is not being used. You can plug that one into the slr-pmp connection and use it to control your 120 volt outlet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.