Control Board Decision driven by new variable speed pump

muffin_dad

Jan 6, 2014
FloMo, TX
I need to replace my main pump (2hp whisperflo) but I want to go with a variable speed that is compatible with a new control panel in the future (existing one is nearing EOL). That's where my brain starts to hurt... Current SWG is a T-CELL-15, controlled by a Hayward Aqualogic.

Requirements would be a) keep same SWG unit and use the integrated board b) control via iphone and c) native controlling capability for the multiple speed pump. Seems like the manufacturers each have mulitple options? What is the go-to version thesae days? Hayward omnihub or omnipl or go the Pentair route with Intelliconnect or do you use their ScreenLogic for older control boards? This is confusing as heck. Thanks!

Does your current Hayward Aqualogic automation allow you to set up a VS pump? If so, does it indicate what pumps it is compatible with?

For example, my Jandy AquaLink can set up a Jandy or an Pentair IntelliFlo pump (no other Pentair pumps and no Hayward pumps). So if you plan to stay with Hayward, investigate what pumps they function with via a RS-485 connection. If you want to maintain remote control of your SWCG then it is best to maintain that to match with your automation - all Hayward. So a Hayward VS pump may be your best choice and then upgrade to the latest automation sometime in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.