Contract signed...Should be swimming in April, NW Houston

Good morning John! :wave: Yes, along with the TF-100 (tests FC, CC, CYA, pH, TA and CH), you'll need to add either the AQUA CHEK test strips or the Taylor K-1766 Test Kit to test the salt level. Somewhat personal preference, although the 1766 should deliver more precision if you need it.

Ugg not the update I hoped for.

Construction supervisior made a needed site visit yesterday and informed us of several issues.

1. Pool must be set 3"-5" higher than existing slabs for drainage... So slope 3ft of decking up a possible 5" … NO, keep as flat as possible amd make the coping area a step!!
2. All electric is done, and the the local crew comes out to cut overhead and they claim new code requires the 3rd underground upright on a pole to have standoff's... Another mess to deal with tomorrow!!! move 2" diameter conduit that is buried and full of wires!!
3. It was determined running up and down the neighbors drive way would cause extensive damage to the existing damaged drive so, Take a guess.

Yes, a hundred plus Georgia buggy loads of dig from back yard hauled to the street, and crane rental to swing the pool in. Well thank goodness we had some overage in the quote for extra cement and equipment rental... So some of this should wash out!!!

Still on plans to dig this coming week and still having to take my business trip!!!

John

Reactions: galowbraw
WHAT???? The pool HAS to be 3-5" above the deck already there??? for drainage?? What drainage?? how will you keep this drainage from running down between the pool raised edge and the decking and washing out the dirt?? What about all of the other pools that has the decking and coping running right up to it and some even over the edge??

Electric-Can you explain that one to me a little more. I am missing something and would like to learn what all of that means "standoffs"? uprights? THANKS!

NO!!!!!!!! No multi trips with buggies full of Georiga's finest :( Is there any talking to with them with some green in your hand? That is a big pile of :poop: !!!!

WHAT???? The pool HAS to be 3-5" above the deck already there??? for drainage?? What drainage?? how will you keep this drainage from running down between the pool raised edge and the decking and washing out the dirt?? What about all of the other pools that has the decking and coping running right up to it and some even over the edge??
Backyard has had several other patios and excavation, they have to keep it above the lowest point in the yard and that means above existing. I can live that see below images.

Electric-Can you explain that one to me a little more. I am missing something and would like to learn what all of that means "standoffs"? uprights? THANKS!
So new power provider rules, when there are two risers already on a power pole the next riser MUST be installed 6"-12"
off the pole so the climbers ropes grab wood not PVC. Image attached also.

NO!!!!!!!! No multi trips with buggies full of Georiga's finest :( Is there any talking to with them with some green in your hand? That is a big pile of :poop: !!!!
This one is fine, they have to traverse my breeze way and no way a machine can constantly do this. There fore a Georgia buggy holds a good amount and it does not cost me extra.
If we use neighbors drive way it will be ruined as its 75% cracked there already. 6000-7000 pound machines on a bad cement drive 100 times equals bad news...More money and most likely a lawsuit for Jtburf!!!

John

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    598.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    621.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    562.6 KB · Views: 53
KimKats,
We managed to get the pool lowered and only have a 1.5" rise over 3 ft by switching to a travertine coping like this.

Only going with 12" wide around the pool and a gentle cement slope.
Even though this pool is freeform this is how the coping will look.

John

Attachments

• English-Walnut-Travertine-Paver-16x16-Tumbled-3-Beige-Cream-Tan-Brown-White-Gray-Outdoor-Floor...jpg
    English-Walnut-Travertine-Paver-16x16-Tumbled-3-Beige-Cream-Tan-Brown-White-Gray-Outdoor-Floor...jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 38
  • English-Walnut-Travertine-Pool-Coping-12x12-5cm-Honed-Tan-Brown-Beige-Cream-Outdoor-Floor-Wall...jpg
    English-Walnut-Travertine-Pool-Coping-12x12-5cm-Honed-Tan-Brown-Beige-Cream-Outdoor-Floor-Wall...jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 1c14117fbab716fcf3e1e18353a4d89e.jpg
    1c14117fbab716fcf3e1e18353a4d89e.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 41

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kimkats,

I wish it was Yesterday, however I received a text from construction manager and they have postponed the dig until April 1st. To get through our breezeway they needed to being some equipment in from Central Tx. I told them to hold off until the 1st so I could be there. Now They will set the pool on the 3rd and I have a client meeting in Beaumont TX then...

Thanks for the likes on Travertine.

John

I have such a sad for you :( What a bummer! adult words being said with a frown on my face! Will someone be able to be there when the set it? Will you be there when they are working on making the bottom level and such? WAIT what about getting pics for us???? NOPE you need to tell your boss you can't go.........we need you there for the pool!!! hehe (bet he would not be happy with that)

Kim:kim:

Well, I set my schedule and booked this trip long before the pool delays came into play.

I setup one of my Game Cams so it is taking pictures for me.

Possibly the wife can make the lift.

Thanks for the sadness, I am not really upset, this delay gives me a few more day to proceed with other yard projects...

Turning lemons into lemonade!!!

John

Well the Pool saga continues, after waiting and changing my schedule the dig that was slated for 4/1/19 is now "Set" for 4/3/19 and pool setting for 4/5/19. I promise you they wrote this schedule in sand at low tide!!!

P'eed would be an understatement....

Thanks for allowing me to vent!!!

John (AKA Still Poolless) jtburf

Kim the new guy running the company received more than an EAR full of words and I am sure his pants are baggy now! The simply part of calling me to tell of another delay is the killer part. I wasted a whole weekend so I was not in the middle of another project that would be in the way of the crew. The time line is critical, remember Wedding after party 40 people April 27th...

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.