New Kent, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
This site is overwhelmingly helpful! Thanks to folks that gave me recent assistance on picking equipment. The plan is to install a 16 x 32 inground vinyl pool. We have a quote / contract from our builder (attached) and I was wondering if there is anything we are forgetting. Also, I am wondering how many skimmers and return jets do I need? Builder is proposing 1 skimmer, 2 jets. Is that adequate? TIA!

Attachments

• Pool Quote.pdf
    260.5 KB · Views: 67
People much better than me at this will come along, but from just a super quick scan based on my build experience, I would suggest
1) Get the exact make/model of the sand filter being proposed
2) Have shallow end water depth stated (suggest 4'); make sure the 8' deep end is 8' water depth. Get a profile drawing of the pool bottom so you and the builder know exactly how much shallow end, where the slope to deep end starts and how long/steep the slope is and how much 8' depth you will have.
3) Would suggest 2 skimmers independently plumbed back to equipment pad - both for wind direction shifts so you can have a skimmer at each end of pool plus you then have one as a backup in case a leak or problem develops with the other one. I don't see a main drain specified. That's fine, you don't need a main drain, although I like having one. If the water gets low or leaves plug up the skimmer(s) in the fall, you still have a main drain at the bottom of the pool pulling water through the pump so it doesn't burn up. Also handy for draining the pool below skimmer level, although you can use a separate submersible pump for that. Personal preference.
4) Get exact jandy lights model - e.g. are they color changing or not? Are they nicheless?
5) Call out Jandy neverlube valves for plumbing
6) Make/length of diving board
7) If you are expecting drains installed in the patio anywhere or expect the pool builder to handle landscaping to move groundwater away from the pool, make sure those things are specified too.
In other words, get every detail you can so there are no mismatching expectations between you and the builder.

Reactions: Danimal92Sport
People much better than me at this will come along, but from just a super quick scan based on my build experience, I would suggest
1) Get the exact make/model of the sand filter being proposed
2) Have shallow end water depth stated (suggest 4'); make sure the 8' deep end is 8' water depth. Get a profile drawing of the pool bottom so you and the builder know exactly how much shallow end, where the slope to deep end starts and how long/steep the slope is and how much 8' depth you will have.
3) Would suggest 2 skimmers independently plumbed back to equipment pad - both for wind direction shifts so you can have a skimmer at each end of pool plus you then have one as a backup in case a leak or problem develops with the other one. I don't see a main drain specified. That's fine, you don't need a main drain, although I like having one. If the water gets low or leaves plug up the skimmer(s) in the fall, you still have a main drain at the bottom of the pool pulling water through the pump so it doesn't burn up. Also handy for draining the pool below skimmer level, although you can use a separate submersible pump for that. Personal preference.
4) Get exact jandy lights model - e.g. are they color changing or not? Are they nicheless?
5) Call out Jandy neverlube valves for plumbing
6) Make/length of diving board
7) If you are expecting drains installed in the patio anywhere or expect the pool builder to handle landscaping to move groundwater away from the pool, make sure those things are specified too.
In other words, get every detail you can so there are no mismatching expectations between you and the builder.
THANK YOU!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.