Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm wanting to have a better understanding of how SWGs work. My understanding is that they kind of work like a puck system (minus the increase in CYA and having to buy pucks - you buy salt instead). Is that close to accurate?

Here is my current setup (see images) - I have a full Pentair system. It would make sense that an IntelliChlor would be a great fit. What else would I need?

Thanks for all the help!oucFeSK4Sc6za8ocyo+HpQ.jpg
2oP2R6y+TzW0%D7vA30ncg.jpg

You add salt one time to the water. Salt is not consumed by the chlorine generation process. You do lose salt by draining water and splashout.

The IntelliChlor is the best fit for your system with the EasyTouch.

Reactions: Sotex
So,

Since you have the EasyTouch 8, buying the IntelliChlor SWCG makes perfect sense.. Since your EasyTouch did not come with a salt system, you will have to buy an external Power Center and the Cell.. I would recommend the IC40...

Basically, the EasyTouch would supply AC voltage to the Power Center via the Pump/Filter relay.. This would prevent the power center from working if the pump is not being told to run. The Power Center would also be wired into the EasyTouch's com port, which would allow you to adjust the cell's output and get feedback from the cell as to the amount of salt in the pool. If you have ScreenLogic your would get a page like this...

View media item 1963
Just so that we are all on the same page.. The cell just uses the saltwater to make chlorine.. The salt does not get used up, so does not need to be replaced, except for splash out, etc..

I have three saltwater pools and find that they are very easy to maintain.... That said, you still have to routinely test and keep your chemicals balanced.

One small downside to having a SWCG is that you might have to run your pump longer to generate the chlorine your pool needs. This is not normally a problem with the VS pump you have. Since you will have to do a little re-plumbing to install the cell, it might make sense to install a by-pass on your heater so that when not using the heater you can run your pump slower.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Sotex
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.