Construction experts - help!

ajonesaz

Sep 12, 2019
Gilbert AZ
I think I have annoyed my pool builder to the max already, albeit with real issues. But another issue cropped up on Saturday and I need to ask someone if I am over reacting. They came to fix some decking issues and the crew needed to wash out. The water from them cleaning their equipment behind the water feature was going through the dirt and leaking from one of the returns and pool light. Not a light drip either. Is it the pool interior that makes the shell water tight or should the shotcrete be fairly water tight on its own?

20200111_123302.jpg

No concern here. You are correct that the interior surface of the pool is what waterproofs the structure. Water entering through penetrations is common/expected as well as water seeping through the shell itself sometimes. Bottom line, the shell itself is subject to water penetrating it until the surface is installed.

Reactions: ajonesaz
No concern here. You are correct that the interior surface of the pool is what waterproofs the structure. Water entering through penetrations is common/expected as well as water seeping through the shell itself sometimes. Bottom line, the shell itself is subject to water penetrating it until the surface is installed.
Thats what I thought, but anxiety got the best of me. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.