Constant year-round SWG settings even in Florida?

Fuldo

Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2017
Port Orange, FL
I just spoke with a friend who had a SWG pool in my neighborhood in Florida for many years. He had the pool converted to SWG and the converter suggested that he leave the controller set at 50% and the pump running 8 hours every day year-round. He told me he did that for many years and never experienced any issues. It seems to me that the controller setting must have been adequate for summer use but his FC must have been sky-high in the winter time. That and his FC was probably often higher than desirable during the swimming season. Is there a major downside to this approach except for excessive energy use during the winter?

I'm sure that is overkill for half the year.

If one wanted to cut down their electricity costs running the pump less but the SWG % higher would work too. But keep in mind that SWGs have a limited lifespan and that if one uses them at higher % for more hours, its going to require a cell replacement sooner than necessary.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.