Considering taking the SWG Plunge

Goostav

May 6, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Hi!

I'm looking at some of these deals on SWG. Currently on tabs, CYA is a mess, gotta drain, it's a whole nother thing. House (and I'm assuming the pool) was built in 1959. I can't seem to find and indication of a bonding grid. I am thinking of getting the RJ-60 Plus after the $10 upgrade and probably a VS (as soon as I figure out which one I need, but that belongs in another thread right?) to match, to bring the pool into this century and hep convince my wife to let me let the pool man go (he's a good dude, just won't need the service). Exiting the filter, the return pipe steps down from 2.5" schedule 40 to a 2" into a 1.5" copper pipe that disappears into the ground which feeds the two threaded pvc returns that the pool has in the deep end.

Questions I have before checking out:

1) Is the bonding as serious an issue as I think it might be?
2) Is the copper pipe return a no-go for SWG?
3) Can I retrofit the existing grid somehow to bond properly? Breaking into the concrete deck and then some?
4) Is a lack of proper bonding a big enough deal to not SWG?
5) Any extra advice or info or questions I should be asking/answering?

Please and thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.