Consensus on pinholes in metal frame pools

awhitese

May 17, 2020
New England
So I have spent the evening searching and reading on the pinhole leaks in the frame pool liners. Of course, the pool decides to leak in the year when you can't find one for sale.

The pool:
-16'x48" Intex
-4 season old
-On a clay sand base and tarp ground cloth
-Old fashioned chlorine, tablets place in addon skimmer and the pump run until dissolved (to reduce localized chlorine bleaching of the liner)

There are a few dozen pin holes in the bottom. The flat bottom. None on the side or the cove (that I could find). There are other spots that look like they are holes but appear to be just a 'chip' missing in the liner. Like one of the layers chipped off. So instead of being dark blue, it is a lighter blue. When held to the light, the holes have a bright spot, the 'chips' were still colored but more lightly.

Most of the threads point to insects. Being in New England, termites are not much of an issue (carpenter ants sure). Basically things I can recall seeing around are spiders, earwigs, and ants.

With or with out all that information, is there consensus on the cause of the pinhole leaks or at least options as to what is up with my liner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.