Skoutariotis

Mar 29, 2020
California
IDK what’s going on…
My SWG is acting up.
At some point at 4200 it says too much salt, at 5000 it’s generating, at 5300 it’s generating, now it says too hi at 5300.
SWG reading of 5300, I done my own test, reads under 3300.
At 5300 it says generating, not super chlorinating, I have set at superchlorinate.
Also, while it’s been chlorinating for the last 3 days, pool looks good, no problem, but right now my test shows zero chlorine. All others are good, ph etc… pool looking good since the new cell.
Cell is brand new, computer recently repaired.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Pool looking good since the new cell & repair.
Pardon any typos.

Have you read this from our Wiki section?.... I hope it helps-

If your FAS-DPD FC test shows ZERO FC, you need to use Liquid Chlorine in there now to get up to your goal level. Your SWG may be struggling to reach the goal level but its getting burned off or used up before it reaches that.

How about a full set of test results? Which test kit are you using?
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt via K-1766 Salt Test Kit

Maddie 🇮🇹

Have you read this from our Wiki section?.... I hope it helps-

If your FAS-DPD FC test shows ZERO FC, you need to use Liquid Chlorine in there now to get up to your goal level. Your SWG may be struggling to reach the goal level but its getting burned off or used up before it reaches that.

How about a full set of test results? Which test kit are you using?
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt via K-1766 Salt Test Kit

Maddie 🇮🇹
Thank you for the awesome advice, I'll do it ASAP.
I'm sorry, IDK what all those acronyms are, but, here's what I tested. I'm using Lesslie's "Deluxe Poolcare DPD test kit". The results: Chlorine=0, pH=7.5, Total Alkalinity=80, Salt=3,130 (using "Aquachek" salt test kit.
If some one can recommend a better kit, please let me know, or if this is an ok kit.
In response to the read articles, thank you, I'll read thru that.
PS, I'll order that Taylor salt water test kit, looks good.
PS: How can I get the replies to come to my email? I forgot to check that at start of conversation.

Your aftermarket Nu Cobalt NC-40A Salt Water Chlorinator Cell is not functioning the way a Hayward cell does. That is why you are getting strange readings and your control panel is not functioning properly.

Using a Hayward cell should fix things unless you burnt out components on the board.

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:
  • Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.