Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We put our pool in spring of 2019. We have not added salt since the initial startup April 2019.

Current salt level is 4580 as noted from TFP test strips.

Why haven’t we needed to add salt in the last two years?

Salt only leaves your pool when water leaves your pool (splash out, backwashing, leaks, etc.). Normal evaporation leaves the salt behind in the pool so it never decreases.

Drop test kits are the most accurate for all tests. How does the reading of your Intellichlor compare to the test strips?

Last edited:
Reactions: Awp14
Salt only leaves your pool water leaves your pool (splash out, backwashing, leaks, etc.). Normal evaporation leaves the salt behind in the pool so it never decreases.

Drop test kits are the most accurate for all tests. How does the reading of your Intellichlor compare to the test strips?
Ok thanks! I thought the intellichlor turned salt into chlorine so I was told we would end up needing to add salt every year. But again, we have never added salt since the start up.

How do I know what the reading of my IntelliChlor is? On the Pentair app it says “Salt Level: 0”. Is that what you mean? I don’t know if it’s set up correctly. I always just ignored it since it has always said 0.

Interesting. I have the Intellicenter, not Screen Logic, but I would think it would show the salt level, similar to screen shot below. I only ask because my IC40 says it will flash a high salt warning at anything over 4,500 salt. If yours is truly that high, you may want to drain some to lower the salt.

1616094068247.png

Reactions: Awp14
Interesting. I have the Intellicenter, not Screen Logic, but I would think it would show the salt level, similar to screen shot below. I only ask because my IC40 says it will flash a high salt warning at anything over 4,500 salt. If yours is truly that high, you may want to drain some to lower the salt.

View attachment 315973
Ok thanks! Yeah mine is a bit different. Maybe I can take a water sample to the pool store to see what they say and in the meantime order that drop test you mentioned.

Attachments

• CAF6E544-FD47-4B0F-BD54-6C19EAC3088B.jpeg
    CAF6E544-FD47-4B0F-BD54-6C19EAC3088B.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 11
Check the salt level from your Easytouch panel.

You should get a K-1766 salt test kit.

When the cell comes on, does it indicate that the salinity is good?

Ok thanks! I’ll check it this evening.

Is the K-1766 sold separately? I may have missed it on the website when I originally bought mine and when I got the refills last fall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.