Confused in Orlando we are refinishing Pool not sure what material to use..

hdrwal

May 27, 2021
Apopka, FL
Hello All,
Super appreciative of this forum! We are getting quotes on refinishing our pool. It's 40 x 18 and 8ft deep. We are on the water so I know that the water table adds an extra concern when refinishing the pool. We have had a number of quotes.. they float between $4500 to $22,000. Our pool is currently finished with large pebble. We are looking at the new mini pebble and quartz. We are getting so much conflicting information... any one have experience with a trustworthy contractor? mini pebble vs quartz... or even an estimate on cost so we know what's reasonable. I've learned that the lowest price always comes with the most headaches...I just want it done right without the fight.
Thank you pool.jpg

Attachments

• pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 182.JPG
    182.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to TFP :)

You have a very nice place and pool there.. The best contractor is the one that you can talk to and will work with you to do what you want.. Prices are all over the place depending on what you want and what it takes to install..

A sanded plaster will cost way more than quartz..

As for your water level is there a time when the water is normally low for your area... there are other ways by drilling down bellow 8 feet and installing pumps to pump out the water while the pool is being plastered... do you know how it was done when they built it?

As casey said it will be very different price wise depending on area & labor involved.... I am currently in a reno & what I did was make a list of must haves & wants and used that to get quotes from multiple places... I had 9 quotes by the end of my process, then I narrowed down my list to essentially final detail and used that for a last quote.... it worked and we got a complete chip out, all new tile, a new bench & a beautiful travertine patio / deck space, new plumbing on equipment pad, new filter, handrail, new light and will have mini pebble plaster soon... the price for my reno will not be the same for you & vice versa but as a guessing point mine is about 28K all in.

I have talked to 5 plaster companies in the area, can't help you with the material you want, I am doing wet edge prism matrix, smaller pebbles and glass, should be a bit smoother than your current large pebble. We had stonescapes mini pebble in our previous pool and it was fine.

Anyway, if you want my impression on contractors, shoot me a message.

A friend of mine just had his pool redone with pebble, pavers, etc and he used Aquanautics. I am building a new pool and chose mini pebble over quartz due to mini pebble having a longer life expectancy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.