Concrete sealer or acid wash

CasaBlanca

Mar 23, 2019
Southern Utah
Finally finishing our pool project in the next couple of weeks… yea!

My pool builder recommended sealing the concrete deck and coping (broom and rock salt surface) with a wet look sealer and adding a product called shark bite for slip resistance, but it seems like there are a lot of mixed opinions online regarding the slipperiness of this and the effectiveness of the shark bite. My wife wants the concrete looking more finished, so it seems that my options are to go with the wet-look sealer, or acid stain it and add a penetrating sealer.
Does anyone have experience with the wet-look sealer on a broomed surface, and could tell me how slippery it is? I know there are a lot of complaints about stamped concrete been very slippery, but it seems that stamped is smoother. I just don’t want to screw up my concrete after paying so much for it.
Thanks y’all!

Attachments

• D291615A-10A7-4EB4-BEB4-42BF7AFEA599.jpeg
    D291615A-10A7-4EB4-BEB4-42BF7AFEA599.jpeg
    558.4 KB · Views: 52
There have been discussions here about concrete deck sealers. You might want to try using Search at the top of the page.

Thanks, I have searched and only found posts referencing the “shark bite” or “gator grip” types of products. I’d like to hear from someone with first hand knowledge.
I’d also like to hear from anyone who acid stained their concrete and hear their opinions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.