Concrete Pool Deck Maintenance?

ny2nc

Bronze Supporter
Dec 19, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Hi there! We had our pool installed back in March of 2017. We have a large concrete pool deck with a stamped colored concrete coping around it. The color of the stamped coping has faded over time and I was wondering if there was a DIY product out there that might "brighten" it back up? While I am terrified to mess up a very expensive pool deck, my husband would LOVE to do it himself. He is very very handy.....but that could be a very expensive mistake! :oops: Any advice from my favorite pool experts? Thanks in Advance!!!:)

Attachments

ny2nc

Bronze Supporter
Dec 19, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Have you tried pressure washing? That could remove some of the dirt, etc. that has accumulated over the years.
Plus pressure washing is SUPER satisfying to do!:cool:
You know....I didn't think about it just being "dirty" I assumed it had faded. :unsure: That may be a place to start, because it is quite satisfying and we have a pretty nice pressure washer. Plus quarantine = lots of free time!?‍♀

mrbookmanlibrarycop

Aug 30, 2019
Westchester, NY
You know....I didn't think about it just being "dirty" I assumed it had faded. :unsure: That may be a place to start, because it is quite satisfying and we have a pretty nice pressure washer. Plus quarantine = lots of free time!?‍♀
It could be faded as well, in that case I will have someone else chime in. But yeah, especially if you have a pressure washer, shoot it at a spot and see if it the color comes back!

stephandy03

May 1, 2020
Gleannloch Farms
I don't have an answer but more of a question - is your whole deck concrete, with just the coping area stained? We are starting to build and looking at options for decking. I didn't realized the stain would fade after 3 years!

Floater22

May 2, 2020
WNY
Typically it is recommended to pressure wash and seal decorative concrete once per year.

If you decide to seal, make sure you buy the enhancing sealer and not the product for new concrete.