Concrete patch flaked off bottom of pool.

May 26, 2009
Seminole, FL
I got about a 2 square inch section of concrete that flaked off the bottom of my pool. Its probably less than 1/4" deep. Its the layer of concrete that was added when the pool was resurfaced when I bought my house about 10 years ago. I plan on using some of the leak repair putty and filling it in and sanding it smooth. Hoping it will last me another year or so until I need to probably resurface again. Is there any way to add some color to the pool putty to make it 'somewhat' match the color of the pool now? The pool had blue crystals or something added to the concrete to give it some color.. does any place sell this? I realize it will be Dang impossible to match perfectly but it will be better than just bright white that the putty cures into.

The putty is also available in black so you can mix black and white together to better match the grays.

It sounds like what came up was the plaster layer, not the gunite/concrete underneath. If the pool isn't leaking water then it is fine to do nothing if you want. We have plaster cracks patched with the putty that have held for 5 years plus now. One leaked water and it is still water tight.

Search for: Atlas - INYOPools.com putty

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.