Concrete Dive block / Dive platform And Ideas

cuppa

Aug 31, 2016
Duxbury, MA
Hello, has any one installed a concrete dive block / platform, we are still under construction and I am looking for some Ideas for the Dive platform, we will have a cantilevered edge, (concrete) I am looking to the dive platform to be concrete, has anyone done this or do you do it after the deck is in and have a mason / landscaper build it with block and vener tile. Any pic or ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

gwegan

TFP Expert
Apr 19, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I have a diving rock. Unofficial because my pool does not meet diving standards. I have a waterfall and had the crew building the waterfall create a good rock to dive from. It even has a step.

GaryT58

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 26, 2016
Monroe, GA
While I can not directly answer your question, as I installed diving board, I would just caution to make sure you have sufficient depth for diving before installing. Here is a link for the ANSI specs on that. Greandkids LOVE diving.

GaryT58

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 26, 2016
Monroe, GA
Check with your insurance company first. You do not want any surprises after it is done!
Very good advice. I checked with ours before build, and the pool and diving board were no issue, did not raise rates at all. But have seen others speak of their existing companies threaten to cancel policy unless they removed diving board.

jtrovato21

May 26, 2016
Northeast MA
Here are a couple ideas for you. This is the company that's doing my patio/hardscape. We're doing a regular diving board, but here are some non-traditional diving board/block ideas:

Veccster

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
I'm planning to build a small waterfall box with a stone or concrete top that the kids can jump off. My pool is not deep enough for diving and the waterfall box is not specifically designed for jumping off (like the pictures above). But I'm sure it will be used for this purpose on certain occassions.

Something like this...

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
Have you considered using a granite stair. They are readily available in your area and could just be set in place. you could also get it cut down to whatever size you wanted.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
F Everything Else 3
V Under Construction 11
W Everything Else 4

Other Threads of Interest