Concrete deck cracks

Young Doc

May 28, 2019
Bagley, WI
My pool is about 12 years old. 44' x 22', 56k gallons with a 10 ft. deep diving basin. For the most part everything is in good working order. However there is a large crack that runs through the 10 ft. wide concrete deck (or pad) that borders the pool. I runs from the outside edge of the deck, diagonally (14 ft.) to pool deck trim (edge). It has been there since purchasing the property several years ago. It may have originated at the point of one of the winter cover anchors. I think the crack may be getting wider and I see a smaller crack beginning to intersect the original. I do not know how thick the concrete is. I do not see any bulging or distortion in the pool wall. My concern is what this may do to the actual pool wall. How should I go about contracting a repair? Are there guys out there who specialize in this type of work?

Can you attach pictures? My guess is that the crack should not transfer from the deck to the actual pool. it is pretty normal for concrete to crack overtime but if it continues to grow, it could indicate instability in the

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.