Acworth, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My PB failed to get an electrical bonding inspection before the concrete decking was poured and now the county inspector says he must remove the concrete so that the bonding is exposed and can be inspected. Apparently my PB’s remedy is to cut out a foot of concrete at the coping all the way around the pool, replace the bonding wire and

Repour the concrete. He says he will finish the top of the concrete with a spray deck application which will hide the patched concrete and that it will never be seen. My concern is that the spray deck will crack along the cold joint eventually. Anyone have experience with this?

Your PB needs to use a bonding agent on the old concrete to get a firm bond with the new patch. Something like...

If the pool is square (along with his cuts), it might look ok just saw cutting some extra relief joints in the concrete so the deck looks like it has larger square tiles and kinda hide the fact that it was patched. Never been a fan of concrete coatings but never used cool deck myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.