Concrete blocks under legs for Intex 9' x 18'

jctexan

Aug 11, 2020
Jersey City, NJ 07304
Hi there! What a wealth of knowledge you guys are!

We are countersinking our 9 x18 intex pool by 18 inches - hand dug - due to backyard access restrictions. We spent the last 3 days leveling our hole. Then put up a retaining wall around said hole, and are now ready to place concrete pavers under the leg locations. I understand the 12x 12 1.5" pavers that we bought will likely not work. So now we are running out to get the 16x8x4" thick concrete blocks.

Biggest question we have is: how to we prep the base for the concrete blocks? Carefully dig out with a trowel and then is any crushed rock/pack material necessary? Or will 4" thick be ok directly on undisturbed ground (level with each other).

We are in NJ and plan to keep the pool up year round following the instructions, tips and tricks learned here.

Welcome to TFP :)

You can just put the 16x8x4" thick concrete blocks directly on the ground but you can use a little gravel under it to make the block perfectly level :)

You folks are starting out right! Now, if you tell me you have a TF-100 test kit on the way, I will be majorly impressed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.