Comparing 2 Quotes - New Build North Texas

austin5514

May 16, 2022
Denton Texas
My wife and have narrowed our pool down to 2 builders. Both are almost identical on price, and both are very close with their pool design. I was hoping to get some opinions from experts on here as to any red flags or gotchas that we may be overlooking in the quote (i.e, inadequate material, sub-par design practices, work priced in one quote but not the other, upgrade potentials in equipment that we may want to ask for, etc...). This is a new build in our sloping backyard, so both pools will have a raised wall in the rear on the downward slope. One builder recommends additional helical piles for stability on that wall and the other builder has not mentioned that yet (don't know if it's needed).

Thanks for any feedback you can provide

.PoolBuilder 1-1.jpgPoolBuilder 1-2.jpgPool Builder 2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Both are pretty similar. No big issues I see. One is a pressure side cleaner and the other is a robot. One Jandy and other Hayward. Jandy is not real DIY friendly so if you plan to maintain pool and equipment yourself be ware of that. Robot will clean better, but they have their minuses.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

A gunite pool should have a lifetime warranty on the shell. The second builder gives this, the first only appears to give a 1 year warranty. While the warranty is only good as long as they are in business, if it's a reliable company this gives you some confidence in the quality of their work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.