Commonly used abbreviations for pools

TexasGirl

Apr 15, 2007
Central Texas
Another one of those classic, invaluable, reference posts. (Print it now)
And...thank you WaterBear and ChemGeek for your selfless donations to us pool owners, who are bent on "doing it ourselves".

jj

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Thank you waterbear.

Am I, as a newbie, overlooking the 'print' function on this forum?

jj

AnnaK

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
The forum itself doesn't have a print function but your browser does. Look in FILE/PRINT. Most print applications give you the opportunity to "print selected text". If yours does, just select the part of a thread which you want to print, then go to the print menu in your browser.

I use FireFox which lets me 'print' Web pages to a .pdf file, a very useful feature.

Anna

jj

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Thanks

I was just hoping I was overlooking it like you do in a cabinet or something. My 57 year old 'pool boy' :-D is allergic to pc so I have to print. :oops: jennifer

Butterfly

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2007
South Carolina
Hey jj, and welcome to TFP!

I have to 'print' too, 'cause my 61 year old 'pool boy' is ALSO allergic to pc! Must be something in the water. :lol:

btw, my 'pool boy' is also my 'yard man'. :wink:

Joyce

kahbear

Feb 26, 2008
Seattle Washington
Pool abbreviations

I am a newbie here......my pool is being plumbed as I type this. I notice the abbreviation BBB, when refering to pool chemicals and adding chemicals to the pool. What is BBB?? Thank you in advance, and I look forward to spending a lot of time here and learning all I need to know about Pool care. I already ordered my test kit from suggestions on this site.

Kurt

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Re: Pool abbreviations

kahbear said:
I am a newbie here......my pool is being plumbed as I type this. I notice the abbreviation BBB, when refering to pool chemicals and adding chemicals to the pool. What is BBB?? Thank you in advance, and I look forward to spending a lot of time here and learning all I need to know about Pool care. I already ordered my test kit from suggestions on this site.

Kurt
Kurt, welcome to TFP. You'll want to visit "Pool School" where you'll read about BBB and lots of other helpful topics to get you started.

Sean