Commercial Pool Rebuild

It is 2% in my county. I made contact with an architect today that specializes in ADA compliancy
This would be worth a triple check with the building inspector or whoever is responsible for inspecting this work. A max slope of 2% would be absurd. I am hoping they are just confusing the terms. There is a max "cross" slope of 2% but a normal sidewalk should be no more than 5%. You can have ramps of up to 8.33% but those need to be under 12' long. You can have the walk slope at 8% but you need to install a flat spot (landing) when the rise/run exceeds 30". Those are just quotes from memory, the Ada codes are nationwide and can be easily looked up on line. Your local authority can impose stricter guidelines but a strict max slope of 2% seems incorrect.

Reactions: Yev
Update: Pretty sure I have a contractor nailed down. Also dealing with ADA laws since this is a permitted rebuild on a commercial pool. I've hired an architect that specializes in ADA compliancy to help me with ADA wheelchair access. Nonetheless, I do have to install a disabled chair lift that's rated for a minimum of 350lbs, and I have to provide wheelchair access for those guests. It's an extra expense, but my wife and I also want to make sure that we can accommodate everyone equally.

I've gotten about 8 bids so far. On average, most are about $50k - ish for a complete rebuild, included replacing the deck. I had one that came in about $20k less than all, and then another was literally double than the average ($125K :oops:)

Update: Pretty sure I have a contractor nailed down. Also dealing with ADA laws since this is a permitted rebuild on a commercial pool. I've hired an architect that specializes in ADA compliancy to help me with ADA wheelchair access. Nonetheless, I do have to install a disabled chair lift that's rated for a minimum of 350lbs, and I have to provide wheelchair access for those guests. It's an extra expense, but my wife and I also want to make sure that we can accommodate everyone equally.

I've gotten about 8 bids so far. On average, most are about $50k - ish for a complete rebuild, included replacing the deck. I had one that came in about $20k less than all, and then another was literally double than the average ($125K :oops:)
Glad to hear you are making progress!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.