combined chlorine

arbernet

Jul 27, 2019
Atlanta, ga
i have been following the BBB method for about 6 weeks now with great results. I use the taylor TF100. After complete test i take the sample to my pool store just as a sanity check. (a little paranoid while i am learning.)
I am not interested in their recommendations just want to compare there numbers to mine. (they use a computer test method not a taylor kit)
This morning I tested FC at 4.5 and CC at 0. Taylor drop test is pretty straight forward so i believe that.
pool store says FC 2.81 TC4.4 CC1.59 . I know they subtract FC from TC to get CC.

any thoughts from you pros on the discrepancy?

appreciate any feedback.

Do not go to the pool store. You have a quality test kit. Use it. We will only provide guidance based on your testing with your kit.

*they need it to be ‘wrong’ so they can sell you expensive ‘fixes’. The people diagnosing you and selling you the cure are highly suspect at best.

I read your FC as 3.112 and your CC as .421, giving a TC of 3.533. Don't believe me? Why not? My *guess* is as good as theirs and even goes an extra decimal.

And those may sound like snappy replies to you, they are not. Pool stores exist to make money, if they mess your pool up, why they can sell you the fix! A great business model for them, for you, not so much. Putting up a sign that says "best pool store ever" does not make it so.

No one will care for your very expensive pool like you will!

The very reason TFP exist (and is approaching 300,000 members) is the inaccuracy and ineptitude of pool stores and pool services. Believe your own tests. If you have questions, there is always someone here to help. Stay away from pool stores!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool stores do serve a purpose. If I need a part and they have it for $8.99 and I can buy it online for $4.99, I’ll buy it from the pool store. Now if it’s $89.99 and online is $49.99, I’m buying it online. Pool stores 12.5% 1 gallon jugs of chlorine may cost $6.20 and big box stores sell 10% for $4.98, I’ll buy from the pool store. Mainly, because it’s inside and fresh rather than in the garden center which means outside and who knows how old depending upon the date code.

Testing my pool water when I have a quality test kit is not the purpose the pool store serves, in my case.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.