Combined Chlorine

Sep 7, 2018
Haslet
I have been lurking in the TFP forums for a while now. I'm a new pool owner, and I have been taking care of my pool using the TFP method. So far, so good, but it's winter and I'm a bit nervous to start the swim season. I have a pretty good grasp on what I need to do to keep my pool healthy. You guys say I should never have to shock my pool as long as I keep my FC at the right levels. Once the free chlorine combines with stuff in the pool to become chloramines, the only way to get rid of it is to raise FC to "shock" level....like 10-15. How can I git rid of the CC in my pool if I don't "shock" it? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Combined chlorine is burned off by the UV from the sun. So sunshine on your pool is all you need, not higher FC.

You say you have a TF100 test kit -- great choice! However, your test results show data that is not really possible when following the Test Kit Directions

Take a read through the linked directions. Remember to not extrapolate any numbers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.