Colorscapes color choices

May 21, 2012
Hi, our gunite was shot 2 days ago, and we need to make a color choice on Colorscapes quartz. We want our water to be a "lake" blue, not electric blue, and definitely not green. We were told that gray or black would give us this result. Does anyone have any photos of their Colorscapes finished pools in various colors? Thank you sooooo much.
Anne Marie in NJ

Welcome to TFP!
I have a hard time picturing exactly what "lake blue" looks like, but it sounds like you definitely want a dark gray color. The whites will definitely be "electric" blue, and tans will be greenish (think sea-green Caribbean shorelines).

Realize that as the "plaster" gets darker, the odds of different shading showing up in the surface increases. Said another way: harder to get a uniform color the darker the surface gets ... this bothers some more than others.

I love the way it turned out. We ended up going with the "French Grey" by colorscapes. The photo above is my husband's aunt's pool which was the color we were trying to duplicate. I'm going to attempt to put in a picture of our completed pool. But I really am very happy with it. Thanks for asking! Now I have to start pool school because I Ned to get more comfortable with the chemistry and maintenance aspect of it.

photo.php

Thanks for the reply! Couldn't get the pic to open but love the one of your aunts pool. The PB I am going with offers colorscapes or quartzscapes. I am trying to decide, wanting a darker blue but not too dark and no green.
what color tile did you go with?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.