ColorQ suggestions. Is this a decent kit?

Jun 24, 2017
Tyler, TX
As the title asks, is this a decent kit?

I love the idea of getting a digital readout vs comparing colors.

I already own a ColorQ, but before I order a Taylor 2006 kit, I am trying to determine from the testing pros here on this forum if the ColorQ is an accurate enough kit to buy new reagents and go with.

I used it years ago. But for the last few years I have had a hired pool guy. My frustrations have led me to believe I'd be better off tending to this myself. So my reagents are toast.

Would I be better off buying a new kit? Or replace the reagents for the ColorQ?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Please do not confuse the specificity of the results the ColorQ gives with accuracy. We have had members attempt to use the ColorQ to follow our methods and almost all have abandoned its use due to inaccuracies and inconsistencies. We even had one member test the same sample of water three times in a row and ended up with three different sets of results. Here is an example of a ColorQ post: ColorQ vs TF100 and here is a review where the Color Q was used alongside a TF-100. Test Kit Comparison

Also, before you run to Amazon and buy the K-2006 be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test. For an even better value recomend the TF100 as it was designed for residential use and has more of what we do use and less or none of what we don't use often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.