Collapsed Return jet on fiberglass ?

Sbrown1975

Apr 8, 2020
Kentucky
We opened our pool to find a major leak. After filling. Loosing 4-5 inches in 24 hours. It is a fiberglass pool only about 3 years old. We had a small leak that was repaired last year caused by a small crack in one of the jet returns. This year with the significant amount of water loss someone came out to find out plumbing to the return jet has actually collapsed right at the shell of the fiberglass . Is there a way to fix this without digging up the concrete? It’s fine if we never use that jet again. We have 3 others, but I can’t afford to keep loosing water. I attached pictures of what is happening with the pipe.

Attachments

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome to TFP.

It looks like the pool or pipe moved and pulled away from each other.

Was rigid PCV pipe used or flex PVC?

What happened to the flange on the pipe on the inside of the pool? Did you remove it?

I think you have to figure out the root cause of the problem.

Sbrown1975

Apr 8, 2020
Kentucky
Our back yard behind the pool holds a lot of rain water. The settling and softness of the ground put tentio. On the pvc pipe causing it to pull away. Or at least that is what the guy said who came to look at it when trying to find the leak

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
You need to dig out from the outside of the pool to fix the pipe and repair the hole.

I don’t know if you can glue a plug to the fiberglass to seal the hole.

Sbrown1975

Apr 8, 2020
Kentucky
I wanted to try to avoid busting up my stamped concrete pool deck since it would be impossible to match. I don’t have to have that return just trying to figure out a way to plug it where it won’t leak