Coleman/Intel. 26 round. Base for pool

jetfan101

Silver Supporter
Sep 18, 2016
Kunkletown,Pa
The area I want to use is about 7 inch difference low to high. I know you want to dig down to low end. My landscaper want's to pull up sod to level down, and put about 4 inches of sand base compacted
To 2 inches . I have read Intel advise's against sand to level . But this will be all ready level. Is this ok?
He says he has put up a lot of pools from the blow up ones to hi end above ground and this is the way he advised to do it. I asked about screenings he doesn't like it for the reason it doesn't allow water to drain. We have a lot of shale in our area. Is sand the way to go . Thanks

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
He has the correct idea.............level down to lowest spot then add the sand to finish the job. Not sure why you would need to worry about draining water but he likes his way so.........

Kim:kim:

jetfan101

Silver Supporter
Sep 18, 2016
Kunkletown,Pa
Thanks Kim, He said it retains moisture. I just thought that might be too much sand. it may shift. or have ant issues. He said it will just be level to the ground he took out. But everything I read from intex says not to level with sand. Thanks Tom

domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
Thanks Kim, He said it retains moisture. I just thought that might be too much sand. it may shift. or have ant issues. He said it will just be level to the ground he took out. But everything I read from intex says not to level with sand. Thanks Tom
I put about 1-1/2" of compacted sand down after I leveled for my 18' Ultra Frame, going on my third season with no issues.

Other Threads of Interest