Coleman 18ft pool green

They sell replacement/extension hoses at HD/Lowes. The longer hose makes less suction but it should still suck enough to work. **DO NOT PUT THE VAC IN THE POOL** (for anybody who might not know that)

What do I do with shop vac, I have no hose long enough to reach the pool.

So the vac may not have enough power to suck water through the extra length. Try cutting a length of garden hose (just enough to get to the water), stick it in the regular shop vac hose a few inches and duct tape the snot out of it. It will take longer but still should suck through the smaller hose.

If it works you can push any residual water with a broom to make a deep enough puddle for the garden hose to suck it once you get really low. Just be careful not to have the garden hose stick to the liner. Have it suck sideways instead of straight on.

If you want to speed the process along by hand, a smaller rectangle storage tub would work as a good bailer. You could scoop a gallon or two with each pass. I would put a layer or two of duct tape (magical stuff) on the edge that scrapes the pool liner just for insurance you don’t rip anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.