Cloudy water

Apr 28, 2014
Kansas City, KS
Moved from here.
I'm in the same boat here with my pool, cloudy water despite mostly solid numbers? 10k gallon vinyl pool, just replaced the liner in the spring and filled with fresh water. It's been solid all summer until the past few weeks where it's now murky/cloudy. This happened two weeks ago and I backwashed ~5 inches of water and replaced while adding more bleach which seems to have fixed it for a week or so. Now I'm back to the same issue and can't seem to get it clear.

CH 130
PH 7.6
TA 70
CYA 50
FC 10
CC 0

Not sure what is wrong at this point, possibly the filter just not doing it's job? I've noticed each morning if I run the vacuum the bottom appears to be dirty as the path the robot makes is clear, if I didn't run the vacuum I wouldn't have been able to tell as the liner is fairly dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for moving, my bad.

You need to follow the SLAM Process
Even with a CC value of zero and FC being already above the recommended SLAM levels for a CYA of 50? I guess that's what I'm confused about.

I'm experiencing a second pollen bloom here. Any chance you are dealing with pollen?
I've been dealing with pollen throughout the year, but can't say it's been worse lately. I have noticed what appears to be small white flakes in the water lately, along with bubbles on the surface. Other than that a fair amount of organic material such as small gnats/mosquitos which makes me wonder if filter is possibly having issues.

Even with a CC value of zero and FC being already above the recommended SLAM levels for a CYA of 50?
CC is not a defining parameter. You have debris. Do an OCLT but if you have recurring debris that is not contributed externally from the pool (pollen, dirt from dust storms, etc) then you have algae.
SLAM level FC is 20 ppm for your CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.