Cloudy Water

rgiseller

May 21, 2020
Puerto Rico
Hi everyone! I’m having trouble with cloudy water. For the past 2 weeks I was unable to do the regular maintenance of my pool due to a lost in my family. I only did the basic that was turning on the pump and adding liquid chlorine but was not able to vacuum nor brushing of the walls. In addition to that there have been several storms and heavy rains. Yesterday I did the whole maintenance process and left the pump running overnight. Today the water is looking really cloudy.
The FC level is 8 and the CYA is 80 per my Taylor k 2006. This morning I washed the filter again just to see if that helps a bit. Any advice on what to do?
Thank you so much!

Sorry for your loss.
At a CYA of 80, your target is FC 9-11 and a minimum of 6. The FC you listed as 8 is a little low. Have you been below 6 any of this time where algae could start to grow?

I would bump up the FC to get into the target range, then do an OCLT to see if you lost any chlorine overnight. That will tell you if you have algae, or if the cloudiness is another problem.

Reactions: rgiseller
Here is the OCLT link if you need it.

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll definitely be doing the OCLT tonight an tomorrow morning to see the results. I attached a picture so you can see how it looks. It’s not really bad but is not cristal clear like it always is . Thank you again!

Attachments

• 74299869-A44B-458A-A41B-B879187C9F02.jpeg
    74299869-A44B-458A-A41B-B879187C9F02.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 15
Not bad at all, but good you are on top of things. I'd go ahead and increase the FC to at least half of your SLAM level (about 15 or so) for today and just before you start your OCLT. It may just need that extra boost to help fight-off all the stress from storms and such.

Reactions: rgiseller
Difficult to call that water cloudy......it looks pretty good. I would not bother with an OCLT. I would simply bump the FC up to about 20-25 ppm ONE time and then run your pump 24/7 and I think your water will be crystal clear. Vacuum and brush as necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.