Indio, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm experiencing something that I have never seen before, my water is slightly cloudy. This is NOT "can't see the bottom", but more of a VERY slight haze.

One of the joys of maintaining a fiberglass pool is that the water [for 15 years] is ALWAYS crystal clear, so I don't know what to make of this.

All the numbers and conditions are usual and expected.

10,000 Fiberglass
SWG
Filter Cartridges are clean
Water Temp 74º
FC 4.0
CC 0
PH 7.2
CYA 65
TA 75
CH 550 [so cal hard water, PH is kept low to keep CSI as close to 0 or negative as possible]

What am I missing?

For me, two things make the water look dull: high pH and lack of brushing.

Yep. There's dust that sticks to the walls rather than settling to the floor. No different than in the house. It ain't just horizontal surfaces that need dusting. So anyway... I get lazy about brushing and things look okay, but then I do brush or someone goes swimming and brushes against the walls, and all that stuff ends up in circulation and the water looks dull for a few days. It's so consistent for me that I brush extra hard everyday for a week before a big party where I want to impress people with the clarity.

Your pH is already low, so how's your brushing been?

There's also a slim chance you have a nascent algae bloom. You can identify that by performing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Can you fill out a signature with your pool equipment included?

Normally, my water can look dull if the pH gets to 7.8 or higher. That is not your issue.
Run an OCLT tonight. That will tell you if it is organic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.