Cloudy water/ bad cartridge?

May 20, 2008
Ok, I've been battling cloudy water for 2/3 weeks. Kids are about to declare mutiny :(
All my test numbers have been good. I've held at least 15ppm (up to 20+) FC constantly .
CYA = 40
CC = 0
PH =7.4
TA = 100
Passed OCLT.

My question is could I possibly have a filter/cartridge problem.
I have a 24' AGP with a 1 HP /2 HP pump. Waterway Pro Clean 125 Filter.

The replacement cartridge is 817-0125P - 125 sf. The dimensions of the 817-0150P- 150 sf cartridge appear to be the same. Would it be better to get the 150? Thank you, Mike

How has the filter pressure been behaving? Has there been any visible improvement in the water at all in the last few days?

The cartridge could be torn, or the cloudiness could be made of particles that are so small they pass right through the filter.

Around 11/12 psi on high, 4/5 psi on low. I bought the cartridge last year, and I don't think it has ever been as good as the original.
I think I recall stuff coming out of return while vacuuming last year. It's been too cloudy to tell this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.