Cloudy water, algae & milky water coming from jets!

Hi there! We are new to pool ownership and are having so many on-going challenges with our pool! The pool has been cloudy non-stop, we've had multiple algae blooms, on-going challenges with pink algae on the walls, and even though we've just replaced the sand in our filter, each time we stop it to clean it and turn it back on, a milky looking substance shoots out from each jet. We've used algaecide, shock, clarifier, and 2 pool service companies. HELP! We can't get this pool under control! Any advice? We are desperate! :(

Welcome to TFP!

We can help you turn it around, and never be here again. All you have to do is be willing to learn some extremely basic principles and chemistry, and be willing to test your own water. That starts with the ABCs in Pool School, and reading more there while you are waiting on a proper test kit. It seems complicated now, but it really is very easy, and you can find thousands here that started exactly where you are.

The kit that will get you best value for the dollar is the TF100 with XL option. You will have to do a SLAM process to clear your pool, and it requires extra reagent that this kit contains. The K2006C is also good, but only the C version, because the standard issue won't have enough testing reagent to finish your SLAM process.

All the help you need will be here on the forum, with many standing by to guide you through. Most of them started like you, and love helping show others the way.

I second Patrick_B's response. I can without question testify to the effectiveness of the TFP method. Before adopting the TFP method, I struggled and spent a ton of cash my first year of pool ownership and *still* had algae all season. I got to the point where I asked myself: "If this is what it's like to own a pool, I don't want one." Fast forward a couple years, and after adopting the TFP method, that question is now very silly. It's very, very easy once you learn a few basic principles and take control via your own testing. Test frequently, add simple chemicals that you buy at Wal-Mart or the grocery store (rarely the pool store), and you will be a happy pool owner very soon.

Once you have a reliable test kit, post your results, and the Mods and others here will get you on the right course to crystal clear water.

The figures you need to provide:

FC
CC
CYA
pH
TA
CH

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.