TigerGalLE

Jun 10, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a 18,000 gallon fiberglass pool with SWG and sand filter. I had some staining on my fiberglass that I treated with AA following the instructions on the forum. I added 2 quarts of ProTeam Metal out afterwards and have been dealing with cloudy water since. My chlorine has been holding so I don’t think it is algae. We went out of town for 6 days last week and when we got home all the fine white powder had settled to the bottom. I have vacuumed 3 times since being home and am still dealing with the fine particles settling at the bottom and cloudy water. I’m running my filter about 18 hrs a day. I have Backwashed twice since the AA tx but haven’t recently because my pressure has been okay.
Should I continue to vacuum daily and hope this clears soon?
My levels are attached as a screen shot from pool math. 1F66D63C-3FBE-4019-8F7D-CAF8B934ADA4.png

How is your water looking?

Is your SWG running?

How do you know your chlorine is holding? Have you done a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test with your SWG off?

What type of filter do you have?

That's what I would do as well. Check for algae via the OCLT before pursuing anything else. Otherwise you won't know how best to proceed next. The white powder is dead algae "carcasses" more often than not.

Sorry for the delayed response. I knew chlorine was holding because I passed the overnight test. My water is finally crystal clear. I had to vacuum the powder up daily. I ended up adding calcium and CYA. My numbers are great now and my water is clear. Just took time

Reactions: Teald024
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.