Cloudy Pool

RGSLAW

Jun 3, 2017
STONY POINT, NY
For the past two years, I have been able to successfully SLAM my pool at the start of the season. However, for some reason, this season I am having a very difficult time getting my pool clear. It is no longer green, just cloudy. I cannot see the bottom of the pool. My readings, using the Taylor K2006 test kit are:

CYA 30-40
FC - 22
CC - 1.0
CH - 75
PH - 7.8 - 8.0 (this fluctuates but I'm assuming that's due to the high chlorine during the SLAM)
TA - 80-90

I started the SLAMing process two weeks ago but stopped for about a week due to an out-of-town trip. I resumed SLAMing 6 days ago, and I've used an awful lot of liquid chlorine but can't seem to get the pool clear (It did not take this long the previous years). Maybe I just need to be more patient. Please let me know what I should do to get rid of the cloudiness? (My 10-year old can't wait to get in the pool). Thank you in advance!

With a cartridge filter the filter part of the SLAM process will normally go quicker. Though at 6 days, your have not been at it too long.

Brush daily. What do you us to clean the pool? Maintain your FC at SLAM level.

The filter pressure is around 13 psi. The filters were replaced at towards the end of last season; the normal psi for the new filters is 10 psi, so I don't think cleaning is needed right now. We've been brushing the floor and walls of the pool twice a day (rather blindly because we can't see what's down there).

Yeah, I know, that week really set me back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.