Cloudy Pool after conversion to SWG

Thanks. Good point, I will dial-it down to 60% initially. I have a basic question on how the IC40 works: Is it a binary either its generating chlorine or its not or does it generate more chlorine the higher the pump speed?

The people who intstalled the IC40 wired it up to an old intermaitc timer that was used on my old pump so in theory I could use that as a control as well.
I discovered today that not only does my IC40 claim to be generating at 600rpm but the flow light stays on even when the pump is off altogether! I assume that is a fault with the unit which had not been used for 5 years or more before I resurrected it this last week. Do you think its safe to have it running with the pump at 600rpm or should I use the old intermatic timer that it is connected to and have it only running when the pump is on its higher (2500rpm) part of its cycle ?

As long as water/gas is being moved out of the returns in the pool at 600 rpm, you are ok. But the issue is if the pump goes off and the SWCG stays on, it can explode.

I would be very sure that the 600 rpm is clearing the lines of the hydrogen gas generated by the SWCG.

When the pump ramps from 600 to the higher rpm, do you get a lot of bubbles out the returns?

As long as water/gas is being moved out of the returns in the pool at 600 rpm, you are ok. But the issue is if the pump goes off and the SWCG stays on, it can explode.

I would be very sure that the 600 rpm is clearing the lines of the hydrogen gas generated by the SWCG.

When the pump ramps from 600 to the higher rpm, do you get a lot of bubbles out the returns?
I just tested t it and when I changed the pump speed from 600rpm to 1800rpm there was one or two seconds of bubbles and gurgling in the hot tub where the water flows to. Does that mean the lines are not being cleared ? I think I'm going to not having the IC40 running with the pump at 600rpm just to be sure.

The explosion thing is a bit worrying ! How real is that possibility? Do you have any experience if the apparent flow light issue is a common fault with the IC40 or is it possible it may be an issue with the wiring (before I had the intelliflow pump installed the old pump and the IC40 were controlled from the same timer switch so it was not possible for the IC40 to be on if the pump was off and I'm wondering if something got messed up when the new pump was installed).

BTW: Thanks for al this great advice !

The IC flow switch typically fails on the thermistor side, not flow side. I suspect you have a wiring issue. Check the wire from the flow switch to the IC unit.

Explosion risk is real, but rare.
Here is one thread showing the issue -- SWG cell explosion

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.