Cloudy pool after ascorbic acid treatment HELP!

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
I did an ascorbic acid treatment on my pool on Saturday per the instructions I found here. Stains cleaned up nicely and after 24 hours I started working on balancing everything out. Added washing soda to bring up the ph and added liquid chlorine to the minimum for my CYA. The only thing that was still low was the TA and I was planning to pick up some baking soda on my way home. Last night before going to bed I turned the SWG back on but at a lower than normal level. I'm at work now but my husband just called me and said that when the pump turned on the pool got all cloudy.

Any idea why the water is cloudy? Did the chlorine react with the ascorbic acid? Not sure how to proceed or if it will just clear up on it's own.

Last edited:
What is your pool pH now? Post a complete set of current test results.

At pH of 7-7.2 I would not have raised the pH so soon. That's why I want to know what thinsg are now with the cloudiness. Whatever it si it should clear over time as your water chemistry adjusts.

Before adding the recommended amount of washing soda from Pool Math the ph was so low as to be unreadable. That's why I raised it.

Ok, it was not clear from what you posted if those numbers were from before or after you added chemicals last night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.