Cloudy pool after a hard rain

kgriggs

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
I have a new pool that is built on a yard with a big slope. When it rains hard I get a lot of wash that comes fom the hill and into/across the pool. Yesterday we got over two inches of rain in a short period of time and now the pool is so cloudy I can hardly see the first step. What is the best way to go about trying to clear the pool? I have a SWG and my salt level dropped several hundred ppm from the level it was before the rain.

Thanks for any advice.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Re: Cloudy pool after a hatf tain

Filtering 24/7, vacuuming and high levels of chlorine will eventually clear the pool.

That process will soon get very tiresome until you find a way to redirect that runoff water.

kgriggs

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
We have already put in a grate to try to catch what we can but the slope comes directly to the concrete decking around the pool. Not bad except when we have a torrential downpour.

What are the thoughts on superchlorination with the SWG versus other forms of chlorine or shock?

Txmat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
San Antonio
I once had a similar problem of run off going where I didn't want it. Had to build a small retaining wall to divert the run off to another place.

Other Threads of Interest