Jrgibbs21

May 30, 2022
Mobile, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello from south Alabama. We bought a house in the fall with a pool and I can’t figure this thing out. I found this forum a few weeks ago after a 4 inch rain turned my pool from clear to cloudy and green overnight. I ordered a TF100 and started using liquid chlorine (10%) and brushing daily while I waited for the test to arrive. I used the standard chlorine/ph drop kit until the TF100 came in. The pool was crystal clear after about 10 days total and stayed that way for the next week. A couple of days ago I checked the pool in the morning and it looked like a barely noticeable brownish film was covering the entire floor and wall surfaces so I brushed it and added chlorine. A couple hours later it had settled again. I tested and added more chlorine and it just seems to be getting worse and now very cloudy, but my water tests aren’t changing all that much and I am adding 1/2 gallon of chlorine per day on average.

I’m not real sure what to do next. Maybe the SLAM I’ve read about? Any help is appreciated!

Last three tests:
6/8/22 9pm
FC=2.5
CC=.5
TA=80
CYA=35-40(hard to tell on this one)
PH=7.5
Temp=87

6/12/22
FC=3
CC=0
TA=100
CYA=30-40
PH=7.5
Temp =88

6/15/22
FC=4
CC=0
TA=80
CYA=30-40
PH=7.4
Temp =91

Welcome to the forum.
You need to follow the SLAM Process

Read Pool Care Basics
Thank you! I’ve been reading the articles and from what I can tell, I’ve not been bringing my chlorine level up quite high enough to maintain clear and clean. Do you see any other numbers that appear off from my listed tests? I will start SLAM after work today.

I brought my FC up to 17 ppm(I overshot the 16ppm) Thursday night with 10% liquid chlorine and we left town for the weekend with pump running 24/7. I returned today and the pool is about 95% clear with deposits all over the floor of sandy colored substance. It kinda looked like it had been flocked. I started to vacuum the deposits and realized the surface is again covered in a light film, but I vacuumed slowly to catch as much of the piles of sandy stuff I could without stirring it up.

Question: Do I now bring my FC all the way back up to SLAM level?

FC=2
CC=0
CYA=40
TA=80
PH=7.2
Temp=94

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.