Cloudy Gas When SWG is On?

Sep 1, 2015
Albany NY
This is my 2nd year with my SWG and I dont remember this at all last year. When the SWG cycles on, the returns emit this cloudy water that kinda looks like it could be the chlorine gas the SWG makes. Im not sure if this is normal or not. I just added new salt this morning and I know you are supposed to wait 24 hours before using the SWG but I wanted to get the system working again and get some chlorine in the pool. I can reply tomorrow after its been 24 hours but for now the SWG is turned off. When the cell is off, no cloudy emissions.

PH 7.6
TA 80
CYA 50
FC 2

IMG_0116.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0119.jpg

When the SWCG is operating it creates small bubbles. Mine do not look quite that strong, but I run a VS pump at low rates.

Normal.

They should be just hydrogen. You can confirm by lighting them with a lighter. :D :D I light mine it is great fun actually!

I’ve been checking MSNBC for news of a backyard explosion ever since the lighter post!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.